*July 5th at 2 pm: “It’s Showtime for Singers, Songs and Scenes!” An opportunity for workshop participants to perform what they’ve been working on for friends, family members, and the community.
This Musical Theatre Performance Workshop is for adults and teens with Bay Area and Coastal voice teacher/performer and musical director, Gloria Wood. The class will be working on individual solos and group numbers, along with some private coaching, both vocally, and dramatically, with the end result being a performance of material from the Broadway stage or movies (such as those involving Disney classics.) Gloria Wood welcomes everyone who would like to participate in exploring some of Broadway and Movie Musical’s colorful songs and scenes to join in the fun! There is a wide range of talent on the coast, and whether an experienced performer or a new-comer to the stage – all are welcome to join the class!
It will be a busy coastal weekend, but the class will put on an afternoon performance, July 5th, at the Arts Center, for friends and family members, to show what everyone’s been working on, and – of course – all community members will be invited!
NOTE: There is a fee for the class, but also a sliding scale. Gloria does not want to exclude anyone because of financial circumstances. Gloria Wood can be emailed at: email@example.com.
Bay Area performer, vocal coach, and musical director, GLORIA WOOD, is delighted to be able to offer this workshop to her beloved coastal community, which has been her second home for years.
As a performer (outside of musical theatre):
- San Francisco Opera Company Chorus (Full-Time Member for Five Years) San Francisco Symphony Chorus (Union Member/Frequent Soloist-Five Years)
- Extensive solo and recital work throughout the Bay Area & U.S.; Performer –
- The Bracebridge Dinners – Yosemite, CA; First concert artist for “San Francisco Performances At Six”;
Roles played in Musical Theatre:
- Mother Abbess : THE SOUND OF MUSIC (Mountain Play – Marin County)
- Alma Hix: THE MUSIC MAN (Mountain Play)
- Mrs. Pierce: MY FAIR LADY (Mountain Play)
- Widow Corney: OLIVER! (Mountain Play)
- Mrs. Pugh and Francis Perkins : ANNIE (Mountain Play)
- Jack’s Mom: INTO THE WOODS (Novato Theatre Co.)
- Cordelia: FALSETTOS (Hoochi-Doo Productions)
- Anna Maurant: STREET SCENE (College Of Marin)
- Mrs. Peachum: THREE PENNY OPERA (College Of Marin)
- Mrs. Lovett: SWEENEY TODD (Marin Civic Light Opera)
- Dolly Levi: HELLO, DOLLY! (Marin Civic Light Opera)
- Golde: FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (Marin Civic Light Opera)
- Madame Dubonnet: THE BOY FRIEND (Marin Civic Light Opera)
- Toured throughout the United States for eleven (11) years with Peter Arnott Productions (corporation/industrial shows)
- “From Broadway With Love” – cabaret show, also for Peter Arnott Productions – Performances throughout the Bay Area and in New York City.
- Many solo performances of Gloria’s in Marin, Sonoma and Mendocino Counties
- Ten month run of “It Starts When We’re Kids” (Gloria created the show and performed in it with five other actors/singers) – Larkspur Cafe Theatre – Larkspur, CA
TV/RADIO Commercial Work
Voice-over recording for Disney World (The Living Seas Pavilion)
Registration for this workshop is available online at BrownPaperTickets.com,
1-800-838-3006, and at Gualala Arts Center.
Gualala Arts is at 46501 Old State Highway, Gualala, CA 95445
Information is at GualalaArts.org and at 707-884-1138.