Most of us, if not everyone, knows people that are more familiar to us. This is the group with whom you interact on a more frequent and personal basis. Whether you run into them at the local coﬀee shop or restaurant or you see them at events or other social functions, have you ever thought “How do THEY perceive me?” Also, “How do YOU perceive them?”
Now, how can you, as a visual artist, convey this perception, truthfully, to an audience. We will be looking for work that is personal and honest to the artist. Either, how others perceive you and/or how you perceive others.
For this exhibit, artists are encouraged to use all forms of media, 2-D and 3-D (except video). The work submitted should be no more than 3 years old and may not have been exhibited at Gualala Arts or the Dolphin at any time in the past.
This show is not juried nor judged, so it encourages creativity at all levels.
Find registration form here
Please feel free to contact the curator with any questions about the exhibit.
Registration information. Please pick up a registration form or download a copy from our website.
Exhibit Statement: “PERSONAL PERCEPTION” is a call to artists of all still media. In this exhibit we want to explore the artist’s personal view as to how they perceive their immediate social environment and/or how they believe their social environment perceives them. This exhibit is based on present day, personal reality and truthfulness.
- Registration fee is $15 for 1 entry; $25 for 2 entries. Maximum of 2 entries allowed/person. All fees go to Gualala Arts.
- This show will not be juried nor judged.
- Please fill out an Entry Form for EACH piece. Turn in the top portion to Gualala Arts, with entry fee by the deadline. When delivering the art, attach the Entry Label portion securely to each piece. Keep the Artist Receipt for your personal record of what you are exhibiting.
- The Entry Form provides basic information for the exhibit “Title Card” which is created by Gualala Arts. A “Title Card” will be displayed beside each piece. The information will include the unique Tracking Number, Artist’s name, Title, Media and the Selling Price. It is essential that this information is correct, since this information is used to track sales and send checks to artists.
- For this exhibit, artists are encouraged to use all forms of media, 2-D and 3-D (except video). The work submitted should be no more than 3 years old and may not have been exhibited at Gualala Arts or the Dolphin at any time in the past.
- Gualala Arts will retain 30% commission on all sales of entries (and multiples) made during the exhibit. The artist will receive 70%.
- The curator will provide a binder to display an “Artist Statement” and photograph (optional) for each artist. Please submit with your Entry Forms.
- Please ensure all artwork is professionally prepared for hanging or display (no saw-tooth hangers, no “clip frames”, etc.). Gualala Arts is not liable for any artwork damaged at any point in the process.
- Make checks payable to Gualala Arts and send to Gualala Arts Center, C/O “Personal Perception”, PO 244, Gualala, CA, 95445.
- The Exhibit Opening Reception will be Feb 7, 2020, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Please try to attend and bring finger food to share.