Sandy Ostrau - Oils
Sandy grew up in Palo Alto, California, where she was an active student at the Palo Alto Art Center through high school. She continued studio art classes and studied art history at UCSB.
After a stint in marketing communications for a Silicon Valley company, Sandy spent several years creating silkscreen and hand-painted clothing and other items for sale through Nordstrom and other Northern California retailers. Eventually, though, she decided to focus on oils.
She has taken numerous painting and drawing classes at the Pacific Art League and the Art Center in Palo Alto, and for the last 7 years has been a student at the California Academy of Painters studying with Brigitte Curt and Jim Smyth. She has also studied with Peggi Kroll-Roberts, Lesley Rich, Melinda Cootsona and Michele Katen.
Shows and Awards
- Solo Show "California Impressions" March 2009, Spindrift Gallery, Gualala, CA
- Included in Juried show "50-50," 20th Street Gallery, Sacramento April 2009
- North Coast Discovery Tour, Open Studios 2008
- Judges Award, Art in the Redwoods 2008, Gualala, CA
- Solo Winner of Cover Competition, North Coast Discovery Tour 2008
- Silicon Valley Open Studios 2008
- Solo Show "Essential Impressions" March-April 2008, Spindrift Gallery, Gualala, CA
- Selected for "A Brush With Nature" exhibition, Triton Museum, Santa Clara, CA 2008
- North Coast Discovery Tour, Open Studios 2007
- Silicon Valley Open Studios 2007
- "Moments in Time" 2007 group show, Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica
- Best in Show award, "Wet Paint" 2006, Gualala Arts Center
- Silicon Valley Open Studios 2006
- Included in juried show "Wet Paint" 2005, Gualala Arts Center
- Silicon Valley Open Studios 2005
- First prize, oil and acrylic painting, Art In The Redwoods 2004, Gualala, CA
© copyright 2010 - all rights to the images are retained by the artist