Promoting public interest and participation in the arts since 1961.
Archive of past events: 2004 through 2014
March 19, 2009
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
||February 13, 2009
||Members of Gualala Arts and PPQG: $50
Members of Gualala Arts or PPQG: $65
In this class, we will learn a versatile free-hand cutting and sewing technique for quarter circles.
No templates and no pins! These blocks sew up quickly and can be combined in any of the Drunkard's Path arrangements. They also combine well with many other free-form cutting and sewing methods you may already know. We will go over many of the setting possibilities in class and work with color and pattern choices. Bring fabrics you'll enjoy working with. You'll have many "ingredients" for a new quilt by the end of the day.
- Sewing machine in good working order with standard Machine supplies (bobbins, extra needles, etc.)
- Seam Ripper
- Medium value grey cotton thread
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Rotary cutting ruler, 6" X 6" or 6" X 12"
- A large 91/2" square or 12' square ruler, if you have one
- Approx. 1 yard of pellon fleece or flannel-backed plastic design wall
- Box of pins (for design wall use)
- Fabric: A selection you'll enjoy working with, in sizes that will permit you to cut 5", 6" and a few 10" squares. 15 to 20 choices or more in a variety of values (light to dark), colors, and pattern variations.
The Gualala Arts Center, located at 46501 Old State Highway in Gualala, CA,
is open weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and weekends from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Please call (707) 884-1138 for more information, or email
Serving the coastal communities of northern Sonoma & southern Mendocino Counties.