Gualala Arts Center
Saturday, October 29, 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 30, 4:30 p.m.
It is with the greatest of pleasure that Art Center Theater announces its 2012 Musical.
Meredith Willson's The Music Man has delighted audiences worldwide since its opening on Broadway in 1957 to rave reviews. Brooks Atkinson of the New York Times said that it is "a marvelous show, rooted in wholesome and comic tradition... as American as apple pie... " Pure feel good theater, Atkinson later commented "...The Music Man retains its popularity because it has a winning spirit. In an angry, ominous world, everyone is hungry for guileless theater..." A true statement in 1958 and even more so in 2011!
Whether you join us on stage, back stage or in the audience, our production of The Music Man is sure to delight!
If you are interested in auditioning, the schedule this year is the following:
- Auditions - October 29, 1 p.m. & October 30, 4:30 p.m.
- Private Coaching - (by appointment) in November & December
- Music Rehearsals - Nov. 29, 30 & Dec. 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 20
- Production Rehearsals start January 3
- Performances - February 24, 25, 26 & March 2, 3, 4
Please know that all roles are open for audition.
If you are interested in trying out for the following roles, a specific audition song is required:
- Marian - My White Knight
- Harold Hill - Ya Got Trouble, Reprise & Marian the
- Winthrop - Gary Indiana
- Amaryllis - Goodnight My Someone
- Quartet - Lida Rose Reprise - melody line in your range
- All other adult roles sing any of the above or 76 Trombones
- Children roles - any of the above or any song of your choice
- Mayor Shinn can be a non-singing role
For more information contact the director, Lynne Atkins at 884-3838 or the music director, Don Krieger at 785-2684.
The Gualala Arts Center, located at 46501 Old State Highway in Gualala, CA,
is open weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and weekends from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Please call (707) 884-1138 for more information, or email
Join us in celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Gualala Arts, 1961 - 2011
Serving the coastal communities of northern Sonoma & southern Mendocino Counties.