Gualala Arts IS:
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 5:00 p.m.
Gualala Arts Instructors Show
Exhibit remains through February 4
Gualala Arts Instructors Show, Gualala Arts IS, will have an opening reception Saturday, January 13 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. and run through Sunday, February 4, 2007.
Artists who have given workshops at Gualala Arts (or who will be instructors in 2007) will have their work on exhibit and for sale. This show is exciting and eclectic... paintings, sculpture, fiber and paper art, quilts, baskets, jewelry and more. Come take a look. From this array of work, you may be prompted to take an upcoming workshop or make a request for something not yet offered. Gualala Arts has some 16
workshops already scheduled for 2007 and is adding more all the time.
Some of the instructors who will be showing are:
- Jim Grenwelge showing newer techniques working on his gourds,
- Vivian Green who has several card classes but also shows in several medias,
- Fred Graff showing watercolors,
- Carin Engen has new felting works of art,
- Jan Maria Chiappa will be showing ceramic pieces,
- Mary Austin has a long history of quilting,
- Diane Cochran is well known for her cement sculptures,
- Hetty Herman-Minsk shows very unusual jewelry,
- Bruce Jones is known for his travel paintings,
- Karen Bowers will be showing her newest paintings,
- Gerda Randolph has some beautiful new baskets, and
- Xie Tianzi has fascinating Chinese paintings.
Gualala Arts Center is located
at 46501 Old State Highway in Gualala, and is open from 9 am to 4 pm weekdays,
and weekends from noon to 4 p.m. Please call (707) 884-1138 for more information.