Promoting public interest and participation in the arts since 1961.
Archive of past events: 2004 through 2014
Festival of Trees Marketplace
A fundraising event for Gualala Arts
Friday, November 24, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 25, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 26, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The third annual Festival of Trees is certain to be a marvelous start to the winter holiday season
as part of the celebration of Christmas on the Coast in our Mendonoma area.
The Festival at Gualala Arts will start with a unique exhibit in the Burnett Gallery with a wonderful turn of the century Marketplace full of artisans and great food on Thanksgiving weekend.
Special Attractions and Activities
Elaine Jacob Foyer
- Santa's Greenhouse - Sale of decorated wreaths, topiaries, swags and garlands, centerpieces, poinsettias and decorated Yule Logs. We will be taking orders for wreaths starting on November 11, which will be ready for pickup during the Marketplace or later if needed.
- The Merry Mantel - Sale of handcrafted stockings, table runners, placemats, napkins, tree skirts, candles and mantelpiece décor as well as handcrafted ornaments.
- Albert's Ale House - Turn-of-the-century pub garden, serving organic microbrews, mulled wine, hard-spiced cider and Pumblechook's Pasties.
Gift Certificates for:|
1 night, Coasting Home Vac. Rental
2 nights, The Secret Garden B & B
1 night, Mar Vista Cottages
1 night, North Coast Country Inn
1 night, Tree House Vac. Rental
4 meal option, The Sea Ranch Lodge
Golf for 2 w/carts, TSR Golf Links
3 month membership, Physical Gym
The Dolphin Gallery
The Cotton Field
Shore-Pro Carpet Cleaners
2 bottles of wine, Annapolis Winery
Gualala Sport & Tackle
1/2 day adventure, Adventure Rents
Dinner for 2, Phoenix Restaurant
Lunch for 2, Bones Roadhouse
Dog pillow, Donna Bishop
Year's subscription to the ICO
Tickets for Arena Cinema
Haircut from Jennifer at Rumors
The Sea Ranch Lodge Gift Store
The Sea Trader
Yule Log from The Loft
- Shopper's Extravaganza Raffle - Tickets available for a tree covered with Gift Certificates from all over our Redwood Coast community (valued at over $2,000 - see list at right).
Raffle tickets are 15 for $20, 7 for $10 and $2 each. Call 884-1138; Visa and MC accepted.
Need not be present to win. Drawing at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 26.
Shops & Galleries Holiday Showcase - featuring as a centerpiece, the magnificent Community Tree surrounded by items of art and merchandise for sale from shops and galleries throughout the Redwood "Mendonoma" Coast.
Coast Shoppers' map available.
- The Magical Gingerbread House - Through the giant candy canes and up the stairs through the doors of a special place just for kids. Santa's Elf Patrol will assist youngsters in making cards and ornaments, read Christmas stories, and offer Holiday games and activities. There's a rumor that Santa himself will be visiting on Sunday at around noon.
- Tabitha Tubney's Tearoom - selling tea, coffee, hot chocolate, chilled and hot apple cider, Pumblechook's Pasties, Biscotti & Fresh-baked Cookies.
- Kringle's' Kraft Village - The Thanksgiving Indoor Craft Fair of years past will be transformed into a turn-of-the-century Village of artisans in costume, crafting and selling their wares. Shops include Mrs. Claus' Confectionery & Bake Shoppe, Jennie's Fancy Fibers, Mickey Lin's Jewels, Chiappa's Clay Works (with the 1st Annual dated 2006 Festival of Trees ornament), Baubles Bangles & Beads, Anchor Bay Bathworks, Quilts & Kaboodles, The Basket Shoppe and Austin's Fine Woodcraft.
- The Fantasy Forest and Gingerbread Lane - Meander along the lane through magnificently decorated trees and gingerbread houses (decorative use only) for sale by Silent Auction ending Sunday at 1:00 p.m. There is also a "Buy It Now" tag on all the auction items.
- Live Musical Entertainment - including Wayne Harris on Acoustic Guitars and the Ernest Bloch Chimes (a small group from the Ernest Bloch Bell Ringers).
Located at 46501 Old State Highway in Gualala,
the Arts Center is open weekdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and weekends from 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Please call (707) 884-1138 for more information.